11 December 2007

Hey! I cooked!

Well, it's nice to get to cook a whole meal again. Usually when I cook it's just for me but tonight we had some company in from out of town so I took the oppurtunity to show off. Cooked the whole meal by my self (except desert, somehow we wound up at The Cheese Cake Factory for that....not that I'm complaining mind you).


I did broiled steak (with doctored up Montreal for a rub), marinated potato and carrot wedges (reduced the marinade to make a decent lil' sauce) and mushrooms sauteed in butter with soy and cajun seasoning. All in all it wasn't bad and I helped 3 porky folks (myself included) get a little porkier.

Most guys think cooking is somehow unmanly or not a good skill to have. I call bull on that one, being able to cook has gotten me dates and helped me salvage quite a few evenings that would have been ruined by crappy food.

No comments: